About the Alberta Seniors Care Coalition (ASCC)
The Alberta Seniors Care Coalition (ASCC) is designed to represent the many groups who are involved in seniors care through advocacy, work with public agencies and elected officials, voluntary sector, and community. As a strategic coalition of organizations in Alberta, the ASCC is committed to work together to improve seniors care. The coalition brings together multiple perspectives of key stakeholder groups and facilitates the discussion for a common vision to inspire positive change for seniors care strategy in Alberta.
The need form a coalition for seniors care was evident after members from the Coalition attended the ACFP’s Working Together for Seniors Care in Alberta—A Collaborative Forum in the spring of 2014. Visit the history page for more information.
Each stakeholder organization has an equal voice and may send representatives committed to improve the delivery of care to seniors. The following organizations have been asked to provide representation:
- Alberta College of Family Physicians (ACFP)
- Alberta Health (AH)
- Alberta Health Services (AHS)
- Alberta Medical Association (AMA)
- Alberta Pharmacists’ Association (APA)
- College and Association of Registered Nurses of Alberta (CARNA)
- Covenant Health
- College of Licensed Practical Nurses of Alberta (CLPNA)